Nov 14, 2013

Family Resemblance

Yes, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything here on my blog. I’m afraid I’m not a writer, too involved in making images, not really interested in writing about them. But let’s catch up a little. I did get all my film from the USA road trip developed, and contact sheets made and prints. And then it was 2013 and time for some more travel. I went to Naples with a young neighbor Loris and loved it and decided I would start a project on the Mediterranean! In April, my wife and I flew to Vietnam, I for the first time, she for the second (she was there as a free-lance journalist many years ago). We started in the north, at Hanoi, spent two nights on the fabulous and unique Halong Bay, slowly made our way south, ending the trip in Saigon. I was taking photographs for a Vietnam album for a collector friend of mine, Dr. Christian Dupuis. We then flew to Singapore staying with our old and good friend Freddie Wong who dined and wined us royally while we were there. I of course had to make a trip to the Singapore zoo where I managed not only to photograph these wonderful fellows, but to be photographed with them too. Some of my photographer friends have not hesitated to comment on a certain family resemblance!

No comments:

Post a Comment